Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shops helping Joplin- Oh Fiddlesticks, Finley&Oliver, and Toni Tierney

So this is a little more serious post...but I think you'll appreciate it in the end. We all know about the terrible tornado that tore through Joplin last week, and unfortunately through many more towns this whole tornado season. After Joplin last week, a close co-worker came to me telling me how thankful she was that family in Joplin was safe, although they had lost everything.

Sometimes we hear of these horrible events and they seem so unreal because they are so distant to us not only in geography but in our concept of what nature can do.  When I heard my friends story of her family, it did not seem so distant. I wanted to do something, but what could I do all they way up here in Washington?

So I did what I do best, on-line shop! I love that I have this blog, so I put it to good use. This young Joplin family has 3 little boys, ages 5, 3, and 10weeks.  I can't imagine how I would explain all the loss to my kids. So I contacted the few shops that I knew that created clothing for boys and asked if they would be willing to donate, and of course they stepped up to the plate.

I would like to personally thank these shops for their fabulous donations and generosity. I hope that you will go and support these shops like they have supported a family in need. Thanks for reading...and here are the shops that deserve applause!















Please feel free to share this post on Facebook, twitter or your own blog.
Click on the stores logo to visit their shops, you can also find them on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say a big THANK YOU! The family in that story is my daughter, and she truly appreciates all that you are doing. It is amazing the way the whole country has gathered around our town and supported us through this devastating time. It really helps to know there are others out there who care. God Bless you for your kindness, it is wonderful!
    Jodeana

    ReplyDelete