Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Finley & Oliver- modern.classic.whimsical

 

Oh I have been waiting to share this shop with you! and I'm so excited it finally was in this week's line-up of shops for me to blog about :-) If any of you are familiar with the handmade world, then this shop may not be new to you. It seems in the on-line world, most mommies know of this fabulous shop, and you will soon see why. F&O fashions are adorable! Great stuff for the girls and boys, which I love! having one of each, sometimes Peyton gets left out...because well you know there is just so much for girls. But at F&O I have plenty to add in my cart for him.

I wanted my post on F&O to be different, so I did a little Q&A with the shop owner, designer, creator- Grace:

How did Finley & Oliver get started?
After my little guys Finley and Oliver were born, I was completely frustrated at the lack of original and modern clothing for available for them. I’m not a fan of the traditional things you find on tees for little boys. I started appliquéing clothes for them and after some encouragement from friends and family, Finley and Oliver (the clothing line) launched.

How would you describe your design style/aesthetic?
I’m not a fan of busy clothing so I try my best not to “over design” my tees. I like to keep them simple and modern. When I've finished a new tee, I always get opinions from Finley and Oliver. If they don’t like them, chances are that other kids won’t either.

What inspires your designs?
I read a lot (books, magazines, articles, etc.) and a lot of my inspiration has come from things that I’ve read. I dreamed up The Circus Collection after I read “Water for Elephants” by Sara Gruen last summer. The newest collection (a collaboration with Noah and Lilah) came about from my love of adventure, holidays, and the ocean. I also draw inspiration from my boys and the things that they love and are passionate about.
So with that said.... let me show you why I love this shop.......Ta da!







This next shirt is something special Grace did to help benefit Japan after the earthquake and tsunami

Now for F&O's summer line, Grace teamed up with the shop Noah and Lilah for adorable skirts and shorts to go with her tees and tanks. And of course the bow ties are by The Belle and the Beau




Is you cart full yet?! Your bambino's will always looks stylish when sporting a F&O fashion. Grace has quite the loyal fan base, and you can see why. Her passion clearly shows through in her designs. So go get some adorable summer fashions while they last, you will not be disappointed. You can all get your Finley & Oliver fixes at the following links:


And don't forget that Moda Bambino is on Facebook too! LIKE MB to keep up to date on the latest shop sale, giveaway or new addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment