Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Oh Fiddlesticks! Vintage Inspired + Modern Day Twist



So excited to share this fabulous shop with you. This shop was created in 2008 by two fun and creative mommy's! I love their description of being two Texas mamas with an itch to create. 1 self taught artist + 1 first grade teacher = oh fiddlesticks! Being a previous resident of Texas down at good 'ol Baylor U. I immediatley loved them.

So these ladies have a lot to say about what they do and WHY they do it- cause they love fashion (duh!)

Our children shirts are hip and trendy but playful and we love that it takes a bit of brains to crack the code.....don’t stress, the answer is on the back ;) The design on the front represents a fun COMPOUND WORD which is screen-printed on the back. This idea was born in a 1st grade classroom!

Jen, our self-taught artist, draws all the art for the shirts. We use a local screen print company, Outhouse, to print our art onto our various fabrics which are then cut out and sewn on by us with an always fabulous decorative stitch.  The font on the back is different and fresh for every new design. We are also proud to offer a screen-printed label….NO TAGS….NO NAGS for your lil’ monsters! We use 100% cotton American Apparel shirts. Made in the USA.


Things we ♥ :

color - fabrics - vintage art - stripes - dots - fonts - compound words

Sooooo, naturally……

We have evolved these favorites of ours into one heck of a cool shirt concept…

Charming shirts for tots
vintage inspired designs + a modern day twist

So I have not purchased an item from their shop, yet. But its only because I have so much in the cart, if I bought it all at once Kyle would stroke out. So...I'm pacing myself with all my new found handmade shops. I love that I can get stuff for both Ellie and Peyton here.... one stop shopping! So here is some of the fabulous pieces Oh Fiddlesticks! sews up:





How fun are these shirts?! And lets credit the photographer too, amazing setup and props. These ladies have over 3,300 fans on their facebook page, so I'm thinking people really love their stuff :-) From the customer feedback I've read, everyone is a satisfied customer. I would much rather have my kids wearing one of these shirts instead of doing free advertising for some overpriced big company.... no naming, just saying :-)

I know you will be heading straight over to their shop so you can have one of these for your bambino's. Here is where you can go:

No comments:

Post a Comment