Sunday, August 14, 2011

Moda Bambino Spotlight

So I'm so sorry I have been MIA for 2 weeks, but I have very good reasons. First there was my sister-in-laws wedding, then we were in Cabo (hot!!) and then it was Ellie's bday! She turned 5, how did that happen so fast?!

Well I wanted this post to focus on all the shops that got to enjoy all these events with me. I don't just write about these fabulous shops, I support them. So when I'm telling you how great they are, I really mean it. I buy these items myself, and that's why I recommend them to you. So here are the items and shops in action:

THE WEDDING

Ellie ended up wearing the dress from Fluffy Tuffies by NMoledo on etsy. It was gorgeous. She had the second best dress...the bride was first of course :-)


And of course she loved wearing the dress. It wasn't itchy for her or anything. Which you know a 5 year old will let you know. We are attending a wedding this Friday and I'm tempted to let her wear it again...too much? hehe just kidding

CABO

So Kyle and I were invited to go along on the honeymoon to Cabo. We had a blast! We stayed at the lovely Barcelos Palace Deluxe All-Inclusive Resort- the best way to do a vacation. We relaxed all week by the pool having mojitos and lava flows...and eating... a lot! So here are the things I brought along on my trip:

Necklace is Bon Lemon

Hat is Bon Lemon too!

 Gussy Sews Tangerine Dot
Beach tote
Gussy Sews Damask Tote
Airplane/Carry on

I love Bon Lemon for all my accessory needs, whether its jewelry, hats or beautiful scarf they have it all. And then there's the totes! I love my Gussy bags. The tangerine dot was perfect for the pool and beach. It carried my magazines, hat, cover-up, sunscreen, watch, camera and tipping money :-) The Damask tote I used on the plane for keeping out passports handy, wallet, iphone and more magazines- never can have to many.

ELLIE'S BDAY

Oh my baby girl turned 5 on Friday! How did that happen? Well for her party this year I did an owl theme and we had her party at a local dance studio. The girls loved it!

 Super yummy cupcakes by Sweet Charley B's

 Tanks by Bella Claire Baby

Owl plushie pattern by Snowy Bliss

So I always get cupcakes from Sweet Charley B's. She is a local business, and they are the best cupcakes in town! She was so sweet and took my special order and turned it into exactly what I wanted. Next were the tanks. Bella Claire Baby has their whole little hoot line, which I just love. The owner was great to work with and did this custom little tanks for the party. Ellie's had a big number 5 on the back with her name across it. The girls loved each getting a tank. Lastly was the party gifts. This year I wanted to do something different than the typical goody bag. So I bought this pattern to make the owl plushies from Snow Bliss. Well it was my first real sewing attempt, but I loved doing it. Though it was more labor intensive than I realized. Each owl took about 2 hours to sew. And then the day of the party...I wasn't completely done. So while the girls were dancing, each mom took an owl and sewed the front and back together and stuffed. We had a little sewing circle :-) I loved that I could give the girls something they could keep. I also order the invites from Snowy bliss. She did a whole night owl theme party- great idea!

So that is what I have been up to and why the blog has been neglected. Hope you go and visit these shops and check out all their fabulous products! Thanks!!

Fluffy Tuffies by Nmoeldo on Etsy
Bon Lemon website, facebook
Gussy Sews website, facebook
Sweet Charley B's website, facebook
Bella Claire Baby on etsy, facebook
Snowy Bliss blog, etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment